Friday, April 10, 2009

Flavor of the Week


Bleach!
















I've been on a heavy dream-pop kick this week, kick-started by this British shoegazer band. Part of the second wave of shoegaze bands, they bear accurate comparisons to Lush, as well as the likes of Ride, Chapterhouse, Swervedriver, etc. The most important thing, however, is the mixture of heavenly voices with sweet saturated guitar scapes! Soothing and dreamy, but it fucking ROCKS! at the same time, which was always my favorite aspect of Shoegaze music. This music makes me feel floaty and dreamy, yet revs my engines at the same time. It is also a fine soundtrack to making lattes, for yr information.
I can't seem to get enough of this, and it stands up well to repeat listenings. Also, i had never heard of these guys, a fine blast from the underground. I love it when something comes from left-field and blows me away! Reminds me why i spend all my time digging through unknown and esoteric releases. And then i pass the blessings on to you.

Bleach - s/t Killing Time

Thanks to Stonerrrockmountain for turning me on!

No comments:

Post a Comment